1. All prescription medication to be taken by students during school hours shall be:
a. Kept in the nurse's office;
b. Supplied by the student's parents or guardian, along with a physician's written authorization that the medication is to be given during school hours;
c. Clearly labeled with the child's name, name of the medication, drug store where purchased, name of the prescribing physician, and the time and amount of medication to be given.
2. Parents are urged, when possible, to have their child take any necessary medication before or after school hours.
3. Parents are requested to keep children at home during acute stages of illness, especially when medication is necessary at frequent intervals.
4. Request for over-the-counter medication to be given during school time must be accompanied by a note from the physician, student's name, dosage, time of administration, and the period of administration (example: 3 days, one week, etc.)
5. All requests for children to take medication must be renewed each school year.