- News Archives
- Fun At The Fall Festival
- STEM Earns School Leader Award
- Public Education Fund Donates $30,000
- Attorney General Visits Hartford
- Budget 2013-2014
- Fired-Up For Literacy 2013
- Harrington Students Take Honors at Math Tourney
- Dr. Rath Addresses Flu Season 2013
- Larchmont Serves As Test Site for Breakfast
- Our Schools Help Those In Need of Support
- Public Ed Fund Contributes $30,000
- Harrington Team Competes at World Finals
- Odyssey Team Headed To Worlds!
- Board Approves New Three-Year Contract
- HMS Math Team Takes Top Honors
- Students Help ReClam The Bay
- Budget Adopted For 2012-13
- Board Passes Resolution Moving Election
- District Receives New STEM Grant
- Larchmont Student Art On Exhibit
- Fleetwood Receives Exxon Grant
- Countryside Celebrates 40 Years
- Lockheed Contributes to STEM
- Safety District of the Year
- STEM Students Present at Board Meeting
- Public Ed Fund Donation
- New Board Policy
- State Aid
- Remembering 9/11
- County Parent-Teacher Meeting
- New Principal at HMS
- Solar Pays Off
- Change in Crossing Guard Availability
- Board and MLEA Reach Tentative Agreement
- HMS Students Interview Conservancy President
- Carolyn Brennan Named School Nurse of the Year
- Contact Information
- Board of Education
- Business Operations
- 2014 Summit
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Our Carbon Footprint
- District Goals (PDF)
- District Policy Manual
- One-page 2014-2015 School Calendar
- Curriculum & Assessment
- English as a Second Language
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- 21st Century Life/Careers
- Visual & Performing Arts
- World Language
- Harrington Middle School Elective - CSI
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Inventive and Creative Thinking
- Harrington Middle School Elective - I-Publish
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Show Me the Money
- Sequencing Charts
- Child Study Team
- Gifted Academic Program
- Professional Development Plan (PDF)
- Okay, So What Is The Common Core, Really?
- Technology Plan 2013-2016 (PDF)
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Electronic Backpack
- Cafeteria Service
- Family Portal
- Extended Day Care
- Your PowerSchool Link
- Family Handbook
- What To Do If ...
- Registering Your Child
- Attendance Boundaries
- Bullying Prevention
- Preparing Children For Testing
- No Child Left Behind
- Discipline Code (PDF)
- New Jersey Parent Resources
- Macs For Students
- Immunization Requirements (PDF)
- About Your Schools
- Local Links
- Community Education
- Mount Laurel Public Education Fund
- T.I.M.E. Mentor Program
- Annual School Election
- Parade of Artists Program
- School Volunteers
- Theater Rental
- 2014 Mount Laurel Education Summit
If your child will not be riding the bus (due to illness, parent transport, etc.), please notify Transportation at 778-6905 ext. 1500. We will inform your driver that your child will be absent from the bus.
Please be at the bus stop on time (10 minutes prior to your pick up time). This can prevent unsafe running toward the bus.
Bus drivers do not have the authority to change bus stops. Your driver is only permitted to stop at approved bus stops. Please do not ask your driver to pick your child up in front of your home. Due to the number of students transported daily, it is impossible to stop at everyone's home or to enable all parents to see the bus stop from their door. Bus stops are designed to be at the safest spot on your street where no child is walking an unreasonable distance. If you feel your child's bus stop is unsafe or an unreasonable walking distance, you may call our office at 778-6905, ext. 1500, to request a Bus Stop Revision Request Form. Once we receive your form, we will investigate your concerns and notify you of the decision.
Problems on the bus: Please call our office if you or your child is having a problem with the bus. Your bus driver needs to adhere to their schedule and cannot discuss personal situations at the bus stop.
Kindergarten bus stops are different for pick-up and drop-off. Kindergarten students will use their assigned bus stop for K-AM pick-up or K-PM drop-off, along with all 1st through 4th graders. During the noon hour (K-AM drop-off or K-PM pick-up) the bus driver will try to get as close to your home as possible, due to there being only Kindergarten students riding the bus. Please note: Mt. Laurel school buses are not permitted to enter courts or cul-de-sacs.
Please make sure all of your child's Student Information Sheets in PowerSchool are completely filled out and the information is current. Please make sure that your child's bus driver is aware of any health information that an emergency responder might need to know in the event of an accident or health emergency.
An approved adult must be present to meet Kindergarten students at the bus stop. An approved adult is a parent or an emergency contact listed in your child's Student Information Sheets in PowerSchool. We must have written permission from you to release your child to anyone else. Otherwise, the bus driver must return your child to school and you will be required to pick him/her up there.
The bus driver trains the children in how to ride the bus safely, how to cross the street safely, and how to wait for the bus safely. Please do not supercede the driver's instruction to your child. This can confuse him/her, and there may come a time when you will not be at the bus stop. In this way, your child consistently observes the same rules.
Mt. Laurel school buses are equipped with seat belts. Children are required by state law to wear their seat belts at all times.
PLEASE! No eating or drinking on the bus at any time! This is a major choking hazard.
Lost and Found: If your child should leave something on the bus, we will either keep it on the bus to return it to the child or take it to the school office. If we cannot identify the owner, it will be placed in the Lost & Found box in the Transportation office.
We will do our best to accommodate emergency situations that might require your child changing buses or pick-up and drop-off points for the current day. Please send your written request to school. The principal must approve any change in drop-off by signing the note. The signed note will then be sent to the bus driver with your child.