- News Archives
- Fun At The Fall Festival
- STEM Earns School Leader Award
- Public Education Fund Donates $30,000
- Attorney General Visits Hartford
- Budget 2013-2014
- Fired-Up For Literacy 2013
- Harrington Students Take Honors at Math Tourney
- Dr. Rath Addresses Flu Season 2013
- Larchmont Serves As Test Site for Breakfast
- Our Schools Help Those In Need of Support
- Public Ed Fund Contributes $30,000
- Harrington Team Competes at World Finals
- Odyssey Team Headed To Worlds!
- Board Approves New Three-Year Contract
- HMS Math Team Takes Top Honors
- Students Help ReClam The Bay
- Budget Adopted For 2012-13
- Board Passes Resolution Moving Election
- District Receives New STEM Grant
- Larchmont Student Art On Exhibit
- Fleetwood Receives Exxon Grant
- Countryside Celebrates 40 Years
- Lockheed Contributes to STEM
- Safety District of the Year
- STEM Students Present at Board Meeting
- Public Ed Fund Donation
- New Board Policy
- State Aid
- Remembering 9/11
- County Parent-Teacher Meeting
- New Principal at HMS
- Solar Pays Off
- Change in Crossing Guard Availability
- Board and MLEA Reach Tentative Agreement
- HMS Students Interview Conservancy President
- Carolyn Brennan Named School Nurse of the Year
- Superintendent of the Year 2015
- Board Reorganizes For 2015 Year
- Preschool Lottery for 2015-2016 School Year
- Center Dedicated to Margaret L. Haynes
- Contact Information
- Board of Education
- Business Operations
- 2014 Summit
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Our Carbon Footprint
- District Goals (PDF)
- District Policy Manual
- One-page 2014-2015 School Calendar (PDF)
- One-Page 2015-2016 School Calendar (PDF)
- Curriculum & Assessment
- English as a Second Language
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- 21st Century Life/Careers
- Visual & Performing Arts
- World Language
- STEM - Grade 5
- STEM - Grade 7
- STEAM - Grade 7
- Harrington Middle School Elective - CSI
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Inventive and Creative Thinking
- Harrington Middle School Elective - I-Publish
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Show Me the Money
- Sequencing Charts
- Mount Laurel's New K-4 Report Card Explained
- Intervention & Referral Services
- Child Study Team
- Gifted Academic Program
- Professional Development Plan (PDF)
- Okay, So What Is The Common Core, Really?
- Technology Plan 2013-2016 (PDF)
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Electronic Backpack
- Cafeteria Service - LunchTime Portal
- Family Portal
- Extended Day Care
- Extended Kindergarten Option (EKO)
- Your PowerSchool Link
- Family Handbook
- What To Do If ...
- Registering Your Child
- Attendance Boundaries
- Bullying Prevention
- Media Violence Pamphlet (PDF)
- Preparing Children For Testing
- Discipline Code (PDF)
- New Jersey Parent Resources
- Immunization Requirements (PDF)
- Sports Physicals
- About Your Schools
- Local Links
- Community Education
- Mount Laurel Public Education Fund
- T.I.M.E. Mentor Program
- Annual School Election
- Parade of Artists Program
- School Volunteers
- Theater Rental
- 2014 Mount Laurel Education Summit
- Upcoming Community Events
Welcome to the Mount Laurel Schools!
Inspiring Potential. Enriching Futures.
"The speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue."
Edward R. Murrow
Mount Laurel's Board of Education and Administration have established policies and procedures that dictate transparency in all aspects of our operation. You will find board of education meeting agendas, exhibits and minutes posted here each month. Our annual district budget, guides to the curriculum used in our programs and our complete district policy manual are also posted.
But, as Edward R. Murrow noted long before the advent of the Internet, misinformation often travels swiftly. We hope that our website opens the door to conversation with those who use it. If ever you come to this site to confirm information you have heard and are unable to find that validation, please use this link to contact us and pose the question directly. As partners in the education of the children of Mount Laurel, it is incumbent upon each of us to make intelligent use of the tools we have at our disposal.
Over 1 million families have connected to the Internet at home thanks to a Comcast program called Internet Essentials. Eligible families can attain Internet service for $9.95 a month, and may even qualify for a low-cost computer. Even families that have previous unpaid bills with Comcast may qualify for this service. Click here for more information and to fill-out an application.
|The mid-year Performance Assessment for Readiness for College and Career (PARCC) testing period concludes this week, but details continue to come forward from the Department of Education on what to expect as this new assessment moves forward. The year-end testing window will open from April 27 through May 22. In the interim, this link provides new information about the student score reports that will be generated, and what parents might expect.|
The Mount Laurel Township Public School District is offering a low cost preschool program for a limited number of four to five-year-old children for the 2015-2016 school year. Classes will be held in our district elementary school buildings. These Preschool Inclusion classes will enroll preschoolers with disabilities along with their peers in order to provide public school opportunities according to the Individuals with Disabilities Education Act. See more information here.
Temple University is hosting the 2015 ExxonMobil Bernard Summer Science Camp (EMBHSSC) this summer. EMBHSSC is organized to provide activities, experiments, projects, and field experiences for students entering 6th, 7th, or 8th grade in the fall of 2015. The EMBHSSC is a two-week, academic, residential camp that emphasizes increasing students’ mathematics and science knowledge and skills while introducing them to college life and stimulating their interest in science and engineering as a potential career path. Learn more about the camp opportunity here.
The Board of Education's Work Session meeting for April will be held on April 21 and the Regular monthly meeting will be held on April 28 at the Hattie Britt Board of Education Offices, 330 Mount Laurel Road. These meetings are open to the public. The Board welcomes public participation in meetings, and you will find complete agendas and minutes on our webpage throughout the year.
During the month of March, students in Grades 3-8 in our schools will spend approximately five hours testing their knowledge of Language Arts and Math.
For our purposes as a New Jersey Public School District, the mandate is clear. We are compelled to administer the PARCC Test to students in Grades 3-8, both mid-year and at year’s end. Here in Mount Laurel, we stand ready to do that. Over the past two years, we have made the necessary technology available. We have prepared students on how to use that technology to “scroll through” the new computerized test. We have shared some of the new terminology that will likely be used in the test, and have supported the sort of creative thinking that will be required in responding to PARCC questions.
For further information on PARCC, visit our Curriculum & Assessment Webpage
Eve of Passover/Good Friday
Third Marking Period Ends
Report Cards Issued
Board of Education
Work Session, 7:30 p.m.
Board of Education
Regular Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
Just looking for a quick and basic guide to specific information about our schools? The links below will provide you with a basic fact sheet on the topics listed. Don't see something you wish was here? Just yell! We'll get it up right away for you.
Registering a child new to the district
Job Opportunities - Certified
Job Opportunities - Support and Substitute
2014-15 One-Page School Calendar
2015-16 One-Page School Calendar
School Locations and Contact Info
Map of our schools and sending areas
For Email Marketing you can trust
District Anti-Bullying Coordinator
Mount Laurel Hartford School
397 Hartford Road
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone: (856) 231-5899