- News Archives
- Fun At The Fall Festival
- STEM Earns School Leader Award
- Public Education Fund Donates $30,000
- Attorney General Visits Hartford
- Budget 2013-2014
- Fired-Up For Literacy 2013
- Harrington Students Take Honors at Math Tourney
- Dr. Rath Addresses Flu Season 2013
- Larchmont Serves As Test Site for Breakfast
- Our Schools Help Those In Need of Support
- Public Ed Fund Contributes $30,000
- Harrington Team Competes at World Finals
- Odyssey Team Headed To Worlds!
- Board Approves New Three-Year Contract
- HMS Math Team Takes Top Honors
- Students Help ReClam The Bay
- Budget Adopted For 2012-13
- Board Passes Resolution Moving Election
- District Receives New STEM Grant
- Larchmont Student Art On Exhibit
- Fleetwood Receives Exxon Grant
- Countryside Celebrates 40 Years
- Lockheed Contributes to STEM
- Safety District of the Year
- STEM Students Present at Board Meeting
- Public Ed Fund Donation
- New Board Policy
- State Aid
- Remembering 9/11
- County Parent-Teacher Meeting
- New Principal at HMS
- Solar Pays Off
- Change in Crossing Guard Availability
- Board and MLEA Reach Tentative Agreement
- HMS Students Interview Conservancy President
- Carolyn Brennan Named School Nurse of the Year
- Superintendent of the Year 2015
- Contact Information
- Board of Education
- Business Operations
- 2014 Summit
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Our Carbon Footprint
- District Goals (PDF)
- District Policy Manual
- One-page 2014-2015 School Calendar
- Curriculum & Assessment
- English as a Second Language
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- 21st Century Life/Careers
- Visual & Performing Arts
- World Language
- STEM - Grade 5
- STEM - Grade 7
- STEAM - Grade 7
- Harrington Middle School Elective - CSI
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Inventive and Creative Thinking
- Harrington Middle School Elective - I-Publish
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Show Me the Money
- Sequencing Charts
- Mount Laurel's New K-4 Report Card Explained
- Intervention & Referral Services
- Child Study Team
- Gifted Academic Program
- Professional Development Plan (PDF)
- Okay, So What Is The Common Core, Really?
- Technology Plan 2013-2016 (PDF)
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Electronic Backpack
- Cafeteria Service - LunchTime Portal
- Family Portal
- Extended Day Care
- Extended Kindergarten Option (EKO)
- Your PowerSchool Link
- Family Handbook
- What To Do If ...
- Registering Your Child
- Attendance Boundaries
- Bullying Prevention
- Media Violence Pamphlet (PDF)
- Preparing Children For Testing
- Discipline Code (PDF)
- New Jersey Parent Resources
- Immunization Requirements (PDF)
- Sports Physicals
- Canada Trip
- About Your Schools
- Local Links
- Community Education
- Mount Laurel Public Education Fund
- T.I.M.E. Mentor Program
- Annual School Election
- Parade of Artists Program
- School Volunteers
- Theater Rental
- 2014 Mount Laurel Education Summit
- NJSBA Fall Meeting Presentation
- Upcoming Community Events
- NJASA Resources
Welcome to the Mount Laurel Schools!
Inspiring Potential. Enriching Futures.
"The speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue."
Edward R. Murrow
Mount Laurel's Board of Education and Administration have established policies and procedures that dictate transparency in all aspects of our operation. You will find board of education meeting agendas, exhibits and minutes posted here each month. Our annual district budget, guides to the curriculum used in our programs and our complete district policy manual are also posted.
But, as Edward R. Murrow noted long before the advent of the Internet, misinformation often travels swiftly. We hope that our website opens the door to conversation with those who use it. If ever you come to this site to confirm information you have heard and are unable to find that validation, please use this link to contact us and pose the question directly. As partners in the education of the children of Mount Laurel, it is incumbent upon each of us to make intelligent use of the tools we have at our disposal.
As a way to promote reading, The Mount Laurel Fire Department and the Mount Laurel Library are excited to announce the sixth year of the Get Fired Up for Literacy program. This is a reading contest for all Mount Laurel public school students in grades 1-4. The contest will begin Saturday, December 21, 2014 and will end Sunday, January 4, 2015.
One student from each grade who reads the most minutes during this time period will be deemed a winner. There will be 4 winners per school and a total of 24 backpacks awarded as prizes throughout the Mount Laurel School District.
One grand prize winner will be randomly selected at each school from the pool of winners mentioned above. Each grand prize winner will receive a ride to school in a fire truck.
Finally, each student who participates and reads a minimum of 60 minutes will receive a certificate.
Note: Previous grand prize winners are not eligible for fire truck rides.
The grand prize winners will receive a telephone call from the Mount Laurel Fire Department prior to the results being posted on the Mount Laurel Fire Department’s website. The winners will be posted Monday, January 12, 2015, and the fire truck rides will be given the week of February 19, 2015.
To register: visit the Fire Department or Library websites OR simply complete the reading log here and return it to school no later than Monday, January 5, 2015.
Allow me to offer some insight to our new parents and perhaps reminders to our veteran parents, about security procedures. By law, all Mount Laurel Schools practice a number of drills throughout the year on a regular schedule.
One of the most commonly implemented procedures is the Shelter-In-Place activation. A Shelter-In-Place may be called for many reasons. One event would be whenever the emergency squad is called to the building. It simply means that staff and students remain in the classrooms despite bells, etc. so that squad members are free to move through the building without hindrance.
Visit our School Security Webpage.
The Board of Education is proud to announce our new Extended Kindergarten Program. EKO continues to take registration for the 2014-2015 school year for the following schools: Countryside, Hillside, Larchmont and Parkway Schools. Springville and Fleetwood Schools are at capacity at this time. Registration is open on a first come, first serve basis. Registration forms are available here and at our Extended Day Care office located at 436 Masonville Road, Mt. Laurel, NJ. Each registration form must be accompanied with the non-refundable registration fee of $75.00. Click here for the registration form.
The Burlington County Health Department will hold a Flu Vaccine Clinic for children at Burlington Center Mall from 2 p.m. to 4:30 on December 29.
The New Jersey Department of Health has confirmed several cases of Enterovirus-D68 in New Jersey. Here is the New Jersey Department of Health's latest information on Enterovirus-D68. We will keep you posted as information comes in.
Early Dismissal for Winter Recess
December 24 - January 2
Board of Education
Martin Luther King Jr. Day
Just looking for a quick and basic guide to specific information about our schools? The links below will provide you with a basic fact sheet on the topics listed. Don't see something you wish was here? Just yell! We'll get it up right away for you.
Registering a child new to the district
Job Opportunities - Certified
Job Opportunities - Support and Substitute
2014-15 School Calendar
School Locations and Contact Info
Map of our schools and sending areas
For Email Marketing you can trust
District Anti-Bullying Coordinator
Mount Laurel Hartford School
397 Hartford Road
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone: (856) 231-5899