- News Archives
- Fun At The Fall Festival
- STEM Earns School Leader Award
- Public Education Fund Donates $30,000
- Attorney General Visits Hartford
- Budget 2013-2014
- Fired-Up For Literacy 2013
- Harrington Students Take Honors at Math Tourney
- Dr. Rath Addresses Flu Season 2013
- Larchmont Serves As Test Site for Breakfast
- Our Schools Help Those In Need of Support
- Public Ed Fund Contributes $30,000
- Harrington Team Competes at World Finals
- Odyssey Team Headed To Worlds!
- Board Approves New Three-Year Contract
- HMS Math Team Takes Top Honors
- Students Help ReClam The Bay
- Budget Adopted For 2012-13
- Board Passes Resolution Moving Election
- District Receives New STEM Grant
- Larchmont Student Art On Exhibit
- Fleetwood Receives Exxon Grant
- Countryside Celebrates 40 Years
- Lockheed Contributes to STEM
- Safety District of the Year
- STEM Students Present at Board Meeting
- Public Ed Fund Donation
- New Board Policy
- State Aid
- Remembering 9/11
- County Parent-Teacher Meeting
- New Principal at HMS
- Solar Pays Off
- Change in Crossing Guard Availability
- Board and MLEA Reach Tentative Agreement
- HMS Students Interview Conservancy President
- Carolyn Brennan Named School Nurse of the Year
- Contact Information
- Board of Education
- Business Operations
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Our Carbon Footprint
- District Goals (PDF)
- District Policy Manual
- NJ School Performance Report
- One-page 2013-2014 School Calendar
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Meeting Our Progress Targets
- English as Second Language
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- 21st Century Life/Careers
- Visual & Performing Arts
- World Language
- Harrington Middle School Elective - CSI
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Inventive and Creative Thinking
- Harrington Middle School Elective - I-Publish
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Show Me the Money
- Sequencing Charts
- Intervention & Referral Services
- Child Study Team
- Gifted Academic Program
- Professional Development Plan (PDF)
- Okay, So What Is The Common Core, Really?
- Technology Plan 2013-2016 (PDF)
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Cafeteria Service
- Family Portal
- Extended Day Care
- Your PowerSchool Link
- Family Handbook
- What To Do If ...
- Registering Your Child
- Attendance Boundaries
- Bullying Prevention
- Preparing Children For Testing
- No Child Left Behind
- Discipline Code (PDF)
- New Jersey Parent Resources
- Macs For Students
- Immunization Requirements (PDF)
Welcome to the Mount Laurel Schools!
speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can
multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue."
We are proud to welcome you to the Mount Laurel Township Schools' website. As a district, we have long recognized the World Wide Web as a valuable communications tool. In fact, our first site appeared in 1991, before commercialization of the medium began. A website's worth, however, is only as valuable as the information it shares.
Mount Laurel's Board of Education and Administration have established policies and procedures that dictate transparency in all aspects of our operation. You will find board of education meeting agendas, exhibits and minutes posted here each month. Our annual district budget, guides to the curriculum used in our programs and our complete district policy manual are also posted.
But, as Edward R. Murrow noted long before the advent of the Internet, misinformation often travels swiftly. We hope that our website opens the door to conversation with those who use it. If ever you come to this site to confirm information you have heard and are unable to find that validation, please use this link to contact us and pose the question directly. As partners in the education of the children of Mount Laurel, it is incumbent upon each of us to make intelligent use of the tools we have at our disposal.
As a way to promote reading, The Mount Laurel Fire Department and the Mount Laurel Library are excited to announce the third year of the Get Fired Up for Literacy program. This is a reading contest for all Mount Laurel public school students in grades 1-4. The contest will begin Saturday, December 21, and will end Sunday, January 5.
from each grade of the combined six Mount Laurel elementary schools (grades 1
through 4) who reads and logs the most minutes within the above-mentioned two-week
period will be deemed a winner. This means there will be four winners per
school, and a total of 24 backpacks awarded as prizes throughout the Mount
Laurel School District.
The Board of Education's Regular monthly meeting will be held on December 17 at the Hattie Britt Board of Education Offices, 330 Mount Laurel Road. These meetings are open to the public. The Board welcomes public participation in meetings, and you will find complete agendas and minutes on our webpage throughout the year.
Every day, school district personnel make decisions that are fundamental to the lives of our students, critical to our community and pivotal to the future of our state and country. Despite many untold challenges, they do the amazing! As we embark on the exciting holiday season, I am proud and humble to promote this district, support its work, and contribute to its success. I am truly grateful for the support of the entire Mount Laurel community in placing the highest level of importance on its children, their education and their futures. May your holidays be filled with the joy we feel here every day in welcoming these promising youngsters into our schools.
Measures of Academic Progress (MAP) Testing MAP testing will not be conducted in the 2013-2014 school year. MAP scores from the final testing phase of the 2012-2013 school year have been used for placement in Advanced Math, Basic Skills, GAP and other Advanced Programming placement. Alternative assessment criteria for placement in special programs is currently in development for this year. That will serve as an in-house companion assessment to the new Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers (PARCC) beginning in 2014-2015. PARCC testing will replace the NJASK Testing in New Jersey. More information about New Jersey's PAARC Testing may be found here.
Board of Education
Regular Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
December 23 to January 1
Board of Education
Reorganization, 7 p.m.
Martin Luther King, Jr. Day
Just looking for a quick and basic guide to specific information about our schools? The links below will provide you with a basic fact sheet on the topics listed. Don't see something you wish was here? Just yell! We'll get it up right away for you.
Registering a child new to the district
Job Opportunities - Certified
Job Opportunities - Support and Substitute
2013-14 School Calendar
School Locations and Contact Info
Map of our schools and sending areas
For Email Marketing you can trust
District Anti-Bullying Coordinator
Mount Laurel Hartford School
397 Hartford Road
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone - 856-231-5899