- News Archives
- Fun At The Fall Festival
- STEM Earns School Leader Award
- Public Education Fund Donates $30,000
- Attorney General Visits Hartford
- Budget 2013-2014
- Fired-Up For Literacy 2013
- Harrington Students Take Honors at Math Tourney
- Dr. Rath Addresses Flu Season 2013
- Larchmont Serves As Test Site for Breakfast
- Our Schools Help Those In Need of Support
- Public Ed Fund Contributes $30,000
- Harrington Team Competes at World Finals
- Odyssey Team Headed To Worlds!
- Board Approves New Three-Year Contract
- HMS Math Team Takes Top Honors
- Students Help ReClam The Bay
- Budget Adopted For 2012-13
- Board Passes Resolution Moving Election
- District Receives New STEM Grant
- Larchmont Student Art On Exhibit
- Fleetwood Receives Exxon Grant
- Countryside Celebrates 40 Years
- Lockheed Contributes to STEM
- Safety District of the Year
- STEM Students Present at Board Meeting
- Public Ed Fund Donation
- New Board Policy
- State Aid
- Remembering 9/11
- County Parent-Teacher Meeting
- New Principal at HMS
- Solar Pays Off
- Change in Crossing Guard Availability
- Board and MLEA Reach Tentative Agreement
- HMS Students Interview Conservancy President
- Carolyn Brennan Named School Nurse of the Year
- Superintendent of the Year 2015
- Board Reorganizes For 2015 Year
- Preschool Lottery for 2015-2016 School Year
- Center Dedicated to Margaret L. Haynes
- Contact Information
- Board of Education
- Business Operations
- 2014 Summit
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Our Carbon Footprint
- District Goals (PDF)
- District Policy Manual
- One-Page 2015-2016 School Calendar (PDF)
- Curriculum & Assessment
- English as a Second Language
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- 21st Century Life/Careers
- Visual & Performing Arts
- World Language
- STEM - Grade 5
- STEM - Grade 7
- STEAM - Grade 7
- Harrington Middle School Elective - CSI
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Inventive and Creative Thinking
- Harrington Middle School Elective - I-Publish
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Show Me the Money
- Sequencing Charts
- Mount Laurel's New K-4 Report Card Explained
- Intervention & Referral Services
- Child Study Team
- Gifted Academic Program
- Professional Development Plan (PDF)
- Okay, So What Is The Common Core, Really?
- Technology Plan 2013-2016 (PDF)
- Advanced Placement Criteria
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Electronic Backpack
- Cafeteria Service - LunchTime Portal
- Family Portal
- Extended Day Care
- Extended Kindergarten Option (EKO)
- Your PowerSchool Link
- Family Handbook
- What To Do If ...
- Registering Your Child
- Attendance Boundaries
- Bullying Prevention
- Media Violence Pamphlet (PDF)
- Preparing Children For Testing
- Discipline Code (PDF)
- New Jersey Parent Resources
- Sports Physicals - Grades 5-8
- E-Mail Address Form
- Reading Level Expectations
Welcome to the Mount Laurel Schools!
Mount Laurel's Board of Education and Administration have established policies and procedures that dictate transparency in all aspects of our operation. You will find board of education meeting agendas, exhibits and minutes posted here each month. Our annual district budget, guides to the curriculum used in our programs and our complete district policy manual are also posted.
But, as Edward R. Murrow noted long before the advent of the Internet, misinformation often travels swiftly. We hope that our website opens the door to conversation with those who use it. If ever you come to this site to confirm information you have heard and are unable to find that validation, please use this link to contact us and pose the question directly. As partners in the education of the children of Mount Laurel, it is incumbent upon each of us to make intelligent use of the tools we have at our disposal.
- Elementary School Assignment Letters will be sent home via e-mail on Friday, August 28. If you do not receive your child's letter, please call your school office.
- Hello Day for incoming 5th-graders at Hartford School will take place on Tuesday, September 1. Details were provided in assignment letters.
- Bus passes went out last week, so you should be set. If not, please call our Transportation Office at 856-778-6905.
- Student user names and passwords: We've had a few calls about this. All student user names and passwords continue from year to year, so students should continue to use the same user name and password as last year to access their Google accounts. EXCEPT, that the passwords of all fifth-graders will be changed. Fifth-grade students will get their new passwords on the first day of school.
- The LunchTime Portal will open on Monday, August 31. Parents may begin making deposits into their child's lunch account at that time.
Transportation Reminder: If your child will be picked-up or dropped off at a location other than your home, make sure you complete a Day Care-Babysitting Bus Stop Request Form by August 28. Those requests submitted after August 28 will not be honored for the first two weeks of school. Requests received after August 28 will not go into effect until September 15.
Don’t wait until the end of summer to register new students! Classes are formed and bus routes developed throughout the summer. Late registrations impact class sizes and may result in transportation delays for your child.
- Harrington House Announcement e-mail was sent on August 17.
- Hartford Team Assignment e-mail was sent on August 24. Fifth-Graders: You'll need this to know which Hartford Hello Day session to attend on September 1.
- All Elementary e-mails were sent on August 28.
The Mount Laurel Board of Education meets, in general, twice each month. All of our agendas are posted prior to our meetings, and minutes are posted on the Board Meeting page once they have been approved. All presentations from staff and administrators made during board meetings are also posted on the meeting page for your review. Stay in the know ... visit that page often!
Dr. Sharon Vitella
Dr. Sharon Vitella has been named Interim Superintendent of Schools in the wake of Dr. Antoinette Rath's retirement, effective September 1. Dr. Vitella holds a Doctorate Degree from Nova Southeastern University and a Master of Science from Gwynedd-Mercy College. She also holds a Master of Arts Degree from The College of New Jersey, and has extensive experience in professional and curriculum development. Dr. Vitella has served the district since 2007, and will continue to oversee Curriculum, Instruction and Assessment as Interim Superintendent. She will serve as Interim until a permanent replacement is named and seated.
|OUR MISSION STATEMENT
The mission of the Mount Laurel Township School District is to prepare all children to be successful citizens and workers in the 21st century. As aligned with the New Jersey Curriculum Content Standards, this includes educating students to read with comprehension, write clearly, compute accurately, think critically, reason, discover, innovate, collaborate, and use information to solve problems.
Registering Your Child
For Email Marketing you can trust
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054