- News Archives
- Fun At The Fall Festival
- STEM Earns School Leader Award
- Public Education Fund Donates $30,000
- Attorney General Visits Hartford
- Budget 2013-2014
- Fired-Up For Literacy 2013
- Harrington Students Take Honors at Math Tourney
- Dr. Rath Addresses Flu Season 2013
- Larchmont Serves As Test Site for Breakfast
- Our Schools Help Those In Need of Support
- Public Ed Fund Contributes $30,000
- Harrington Team Competes at World Finals
- Odyssey Team Headed To Worlds!
- Board Approves New Three-Year Contract
- HMS Math Team Takes Top Honors
- Students Help ReClam The Bay
- Budget Adopted For 2012-13
- Board Passes Resolution Moving Election
- District Receives New STEM Grant
- Larchmont Student Art On Exhibit
- Fleetwood Receives Exxon Grant
- Countryside Celebrates 40 Years
- Lockheed Contributes to STEM
- Safety District of the Year
- STEM Students Present at Board Meeting
- Public Ed Fund Donation
- New Board Policy
- State Aid
- Remembering 9/11
- County Parent-Teacher Meeting
- New Principal at HMS
- Solar Pays Off
- Change in Crossing Guard Availability
- Board and MLEA Reach Tentative Agreement
- HMS Students Interview Conservancy President
- Carolyn Brennan Named School Nurse of the Year
- Superintendent of the Year 2015
- Board Reorganizes For 2015 Year
- Contact Information
- Board of Education
- Business Operations
- 2014 Summit
- Equal Opportunity Policy
- Our Carbon Footprint
- District Goals (PDF)
- District Policy Manual
- One-page 2014-2015 School Calendar (PDF)
- Curriculum & Assessment
- English as a Second Language
- Physical Education
- Social Studies
- 21st Century Life/Careers
- Visual & Performing Arts
- World Language
- STEM - Grade 5
- STEM - Grade 7
- STEAM - Grade 7
- Harrington Middle School Elective - CSI
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Inventive and Creative Thinking
- Harrington Middle School Elective - I-Publish
- Harrington Middle School Elective - Show Me the Money
- Sequencing Charts
- Mount Laurel's New K-4 Report Card Explained
- Intervention & Referral Services
- Child Study Team
- Gifted Academic Program
- Professional Development Plan (PDF)
- Okay, So What Is The Common Core, Really?
- Technology Plan 2013-2016 (PDF)
- Curriculum & Assessment
- Electronic Backpack
- Cafeteria Service - LunchTime Portal
- Family Portal
- Extended Day Care
- Extended Kindergarten Option (EKO)
- Your PowerSchool Link
- Family Handbook
- What To Do If ...
- Registering Your Child
- Attendance Boundaries
- Bullying Prevention
- Media Violence Pamphlet (PDF)
- Preparing Children For Testing
- Discipline Code (PDF)
- New Jersey Parent Resources
- Immunization Requirements (PDF)
- Sports Physicals
- Canada Trip
- About Your Schools
- Local Links
- Community Education
- Mount Laurel Public Education Fund
- T.I.M.E. Mentor Program
- Annual School Election
- Parade of Artists Program
- School Volunteers
- Theater Rental
- 2014 Mount Laurel Education Summit
- NJSBA Fall Meeting Presentation
- Upcoming Community Events
- NJASA Resources
Welcome to the Mount Laurel Schools!
Inspiring Potential. Enriching Futures.
"The speed of communications is wondrous to behold. It is also true that speed can multiply the distribution of information that we know to be untrue."
Edward R. Murrow
Mount Laurel's Board of Education and Administration have established policies and procedures that dictate transparency in all aspects of our operation. You will find board of education meeting agendas, exhibits and minutes posted here each month. Our annual district budget, guides to the curriculum used in our programs and our complete district policy manual are also posted.
But, as Edward R. Murrow noted long before the advent of the Internet, misinformation often travels swiftly. We hope that our website opens the door to conversation with those who use it. If ever you come to this site to confirm information you have heard and are unable to find that validation, please use this link to contact us and pose the question directly. As partners in the education of the children of Mount Laurel, it is incumbent upon each of us to make intelligent use of the tools we have at our disposal.
This popular event sells out quickly, so make sure to get your tickets soon. To purchase tickets, you can go to the Harlem Wizards website here. Court Side Plus and Reserved Seating are not available on-line and must be purchased through the schools with the attached form. Court Side Plus and Reserved Seating are available on a first come, first served basis.
Kindergarten Roundup - March 9 Through March 13
Will your child be five years old on or before October 1? Do you live in Mount Laurel?
If so, you'll want to join us for Kindergarten Roundup Week from March 9 through March 13. That's our annual Kindergarten Roundup Week to register new students coming in next year. You will register your child at the school they will attend. During this special week, there will be plenty of information on hand for you about our schools, as well as "veteran" parents who will help you through the registration process. Here's all of the information you will need. If in doubt about what school your child will attend, call the Office of Communication Services at 856-235-3387.
Extended Kindergarten Option Registration Open Now
Meanwhile, Extended Kindergarten Option (EKO) registration is now open for the 2015-2016 school year for all students entering Mount Laurel Kindergarten in September. You may register for EKO now, but only those children who are officially enrolled for kindergarten in our schools later will be permitted to attend EKO. Registration is open on a first come, first serve basis. Registration forms are available hereand at our Extended Day Care office located at 436 Masonville Road. Each registration form must be accompanied with the non-refundable registration fee of $75 and be mailed or hand-delivered to our Extended Daycare Office at 436 Masonville Road. Check out our EKO page for rates, schedules and frequent questions.
The Board of Education's Work Session meeting for February will be held on February 17 and the Regular monthly meeting will be held on February 24 at the Hattie Britt Board of Education Offices, 330 Mount Laurel Road. These meetings are open to the public. The Board welcomes public participation in meetings, and you will find complete agendas and minutes on our webpage throughout the year.
The first week in March will mark the opening of our PARCC (Partnership for Assessment of Readiness for College and Careers) Testing window. During the month of March, students in Grades 3-8 in our schools will spend approximately five hours testing their knowledge of Language Arts and Math.
For our purposes as a New Jersey Public School District, the mandate is clear. We are compelled to administer the PARCC Test to students in Grades 3-8, both mid-year and at year’s end. Here in Mount Laurel, we stand ready to do that. Over the past two years, we have made the necessary technology available. We have prepared students on how to use that technology to “scroll through” the new computerized test. We have shared some of the new terminology that will likely be used in the test, and have supported the sort of creative thinking that will be required in responding to PARCC questions.
For further information on PARCC, visit our Curriculum & Assessment Webpage.
Report Cards Issued
Board of Education
Work Session, 7:30 p.m.
Board of Education
Regular Meeting, 7:30 p.m.
Just looking for a quick and basic guide to specific information about our schools? The links below will provide you with a basic fact sheet on the topics listed. Don't see something you wish was here? Just yell! We'll get it up right away for you.
Registering a child new to the district
Job Opportunities - Certified
Job Opportunities - Support and Substitute
2014-15 School Calendar
School Locations and Contact Info
Map of our schools and sending areas
For Email Marketing you can trust
District Anti-Bullying Coordinator
Mount Laurel Hartford School
397 Hartford Road
Mount Laurel, NJ 08054
Telephone: (856) 231-5899